So I'm horribly out of shape. I alternated walking and running in place for 20 minutes. I didn't sweat as much as I would have liked but I was quickly out of breath. If I can squeeze another 20 in at some point today I will. But as for getting started I think 20 minutes is probably a good start, considering I went from 0 minutes per day.
On Dr. Phil right now (watching as I ran in place) he is having is "Amazing Weight Loss Revealed" episodes. So it was sort of inspiring to get to watch that at the same time. He also said something struck a chord with me. Or maybe just a note. He said something when referring to a brother and sister who had each lost 40+ pounds over 16 weeks... he said (not verbatim), 'Those 16 weeks don't seem like a long time does it? They are going to pass by whether or not you are doing something about losing weight or not.' I don't even know how many 16 weeks periods have passed by with me trying to lose weight. I probably don't even want to know!
This is the 16 weeks (or more, hopefully less!) that matter. Are you with me?
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment